Monday, January 21, 2008

We're Officially Going!

Scott & I are officially going to Costa Rica this year! =D

First of all, I've got to tell everyone about the amazing airline ticket deal I got. Roundtrip tickets, Direct from LAX to San Jose, Costa Rica, taxes & fees & all hidden charges included... you know how much we paid?

$385 per person.

You bet your sweet ass I'll tell you where I got those tickets:
www.airlineconsolidator.com.

The only thing is that we have to pay for the tickets up front. Still, though, we're going at the height of travel season travelling on weekends for $385. I mean, damn, it costs $650 per person to visit my family in Kansas!

So, we've got the airline tickets, and we booked our hostel room. It's a private room (so we don't have to share it with any strangers) with our own bathroom in downtown San Jose -- $16/night. (Booked through www.hostelworld.com)

Oh yes, ladies and gents -- I am the travel deal guru.

We'll wait until a month or so before the trip to book the actual day tours. I'm going through the various options online right now, mainly through www.viator.com. For sure we'll do a day in the rainforest and one of those canopy zip line tours.

So, that was the big news of the weekend! =D I know I have been slacking on the blog. It's because, for the first time in my life, I'm actually continually busy at work. (I know -- shocker, right?)

Scott and I call it "job security".

Anywho, I just felt like posting something, since it's been over two months since I last posted ish up here. I've got several ideas. Now it's just a matter of how much nerding out I'm going to feel like doing once I get home from work. Hopefully, I'll be back to my hating, complaining, and being an all-around friggin' a-hole online in the near future. O=)

Cheers,

E

No comments: