Tuesday, January 22, 2008

So, That's the Way It's Gonna Be, Huh?

The Patriots vs. the Giants. Good thing I’m not a betting woman – I’d have lost a whole lot of money on that one.

See, what my little, naïve heart was hoping for was Super Bowl LXII to be a showdown between the Chargers and the Cowboys – Chargers beating the Cowboys, of course. I won’t even go into the spectacle that would have provided for America. It was clearly never meant to be.

Had I bet, I would have bet the Patriots vs. Green Bay in Super Bowl LXII, and I would have given my figurative left nut to watch Favre wipe the smug ass grin off of Brady’s face with a Super Bowl win.

Again, it was clearly never meant to be – at least not this season.

So, we’re down to my (and truly America’s) most loathed team against the NY Giants. Eli Manning has about as much personality as a tranquilized horse, but I can still tolerate him a lot more than Brady and Seau.

If… OK, let’s be honest, WHEN the Patriots win Super Bowl LXII, I am going to be physically unable to watch Brady and Seau lift up that trophy. I’ve come way too far through years of therapy to relapse into another mental breakdown. (Yes, I said it – ANOTHER mental breakdown.)

On the other hand, we have the Giants. Really, I’ve never cared for them one way or the other. Eli Manning is a wet mop, but at least I genuinely like Michael Strahan.

All right… I never thought I’d say this but… *sigh*… Go Giants.

OK, the Dodgers fan in me just puked on my laptop. Let me rephrase that.


Go New York Giants.

… yes, that’ll do for now.

Cheers,

E

No comments: