Friday, November 16, 2007

A Peek Into Elizabethworld

This is actually kind of a roundabout peek into Elizabethworld since really it involves my Mom.

If you've met my Mom in person, you know that she's flippin' hilarious. You also know that she's not quite all there, and that she drives me bat shit crazy at times because of this.

Finally, you know exactly how I ended up like this.

For those of you who don't know my Mom, though, I'm posting the first paragraph of her daily e-mail to me from yesterday. (I already got her permission, so don't even try the, "Oh, your poor Mom," bit with me.)

After reading this, go back to July in this blog and read my earlier "A Peek Into Elizabethworld" blog. It's like a frickin' time machine here, people.

PS: In case there is any doubt, I absolutely love and adore my mother. She cracks me up -- especially now that I don't live in the same house as her. O=D


MOM'S THURSDAY E-MAIL:

"Quick Sigh from Ol' Mom who is sweating after a short walk. Even on the West Side, it's warm! Did not see Ryan Seacrest today...probably told you a million times he works in the building across from us. For breakfast he has egg whites and spinach from deli downstairs, loves Baha Fresh and Koo-Ker-Roos, parks on level 2. I"m sure he sends staff "out" for food. His voice is more recognizable than his face, at least to me! bcc. bcc"



Yes, ladies and gentlemen, my Mom is obsessed with Ryan Seacrest.

And, in case you're wondering, she actually meant "Baja Fresh" and "Koo Koo Roo".

Finally, "BCC" is the acronym my mother and I came up for her habit of "Boring Chit Chat". If you're not careful, she'll talk your ear off for hours about the history of irrigation in the Los Angeles Basin, Ryan Seacrest, and why she doesn't shop at TJ Maxx anymore.

Is it starting to make sense now? You're welcome.

Cheers,

E

No comments: