Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Can I Ask a Question?

On what sick, demented planet is THIS:





… considered fat?!?!

I would give my theoretical left nut to have legs and an ass like Britney’s here.

Let’s get this straight: Yes, Britney’s “comeback” opener was a joke. But, for any of you who actually managed to make it through the entire show, was there anything at the VMA’s that was NOT a completely abysmal joke? Damn, at least Britney’s “joke” made me smile a bit. That’s a helluva lot more than Sarah Silverman’s entire act did.

Secondly, yes, Britney is heavier than she was at 21. Women of the world, raise your hand if you DON’T weigh at least 10 lbs. more than you did at 21. *cricket chirps* Yeah, that’s what I thought.

Thirdly, this woman had TWO kids within TWO years. If I have two kids and my body looks like hers, I’m going to pick my kids up from school in the same dang outfit she wore for the show. Hellz yes, I am!

See, here’s my issue with the whole “Britney Bombed” backlash – fat asses calling Britney fat.

If Britney is what counts as “fat” today, then I’m officially going to end my life by eating myself to death with In ‘N Out grilled cheeses. (Hot dang, those are good.)

If people want to hate on her extensions, I’ll have to agree. If they want to say her performance was awful, I’ll be nodding my head. If they want to say that she looked like she wasn’t completely there, and half-assed her way through the entire show, I’m going to stand on my chair and scream, “TESTIFY!”

But, by no means do any of these reporters have any right to call Britney fat. I guarantee you the VAST majority of people calling Britney “fat” are truly fat (or at least flabby) themselves.

Besides, I’ve heard major buzz from several different outlets that people like the song. (I’m talking like I actually have some industry connections – I don’t.) People love a “come-from-behind” story. (I’m so not going to even go there with the puns on that one… though I want to so bad!)

I do think there are still a lot of people rooting for Britney, myself included. She can still make a comeback. That just wasn’t it.

But, there’s no need to rub extra salt into some already pretty flippin’ salty wounds. She’s not fat, and people who say she is are emphasizing everything that is wrong with the perception of women in Hollywood. Seriously guys, if you had to (and all previous medical & mental history aside), would you rather bang this:



Or this:



I rest my case.

Cheers,

E

No comments: