Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A Peek into ElizabethWorld

So, I just finished typing a completely stream-of-consciousness e-mail to one of my dearest friends in the whole world, Heather. Heather (AKA: HAO) is getting married this weekend. (Huzzah for HAO!) I'm one of her bridesmaids, and the only one living in this state. (I'm talking about California, for the record, not "state of insanity" for you smart asses out there.) So, I've been doing a lot of "bridesmaid thingys" in preparation for the wedding.

Anywho, I had a quick question to ask her in regards to the wedding this Saturday. The only problem? There is no such thing as "quick" when it comes to communication with me. No quick e-mails, no quick phone calls, no quick stories -- nada. I take a dang long time to say what I've got to say, and I've got a lot to say. But, hey, if I didn't, you wouldn't be reading this blog now, would you? O=)

Awww, who am I kidding? No one is reading this dang blog, to begin with. >=(

Anywho, back to my earlier story. After hitting "send", I realized that this is a perfect glimpse into how spazzy and random my brain is. I make "Family Guy" look like a geometry proof.

So, here is the e-mail, which I found quite amusing after reading it. I should start doing that BEFORE I hit the "send" button, but then I wouldn't have as much to blog about, now, would I?

And now, without further ado, (or is it "adieu"? Feh, I think "ado" makes more sense. D'oh, I keep proving my earlier point), here is a glimpse inside ElizabethWorld. Bring a flashlight, and please forgive the spelling and/or grammar errors. Again, this was stream-of-consciousness e-mail written at work.

------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Quick Wedding Question
From:xxxxxxxx@someemailprovider.com
To:
xxxxxxxx@someemailprovider.com
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 3:27 pm

Hey HAO! I had a quick wedding question for you (hence the appropriately named "subject line"). =)

I'm trying to get the wedding schedule together in regards to Scott. See, his Mom (and I just realized how ironic this sentence is about to become), is going in for the Lasik eye surgery. (You see! Dang it, I did it again. LOL! I'm sorry, you, Scott, and my Dad are the only people in my life who appreciate this punnery, so I have to take full advantage of it.)

OK, so back to business. Scott's Mom is going in to get the Lasik eye surgery on Friday. She'll be in and out the same day, and will be resting up at home by the afternoon. Still, Scott and I both thought it would be nice for Scott to spend the evening with his Mom on Friday night, just to add a little extra comfort factor for her.

So, I'm trying to figure out now what time should Scott meet up with me for the wedding. I was thinking he could come along with me to the photo session portion (around 2:30PM), but I wasn't sure if that would be bad wedding manners. (If so, please forgive me -- I WAS born in a barn. And by "barn", I mean Cedar's Sinai.) So, either he could come along with me for the make-up & dressing portion (but, I'm thinking that's "girl" time), or he could show up for the photo session, and just hang out with our wedding gift (it's quite large), OR he could just show up for the wedding before 4PM.

How do you feel about having Scott meet up with me at the church around 2:30PM? Obviously, I'll just have him hang around outside the range of the camera lens; and, if he's late I'm not going to wait around for him and hold up the wedding pictures. Otherwise, I'll just have him show up at 3:30PM, a bit before the wedding.

Again, let me know if you need any last minute assistance! =D

Take care,
Elizabeth

No comments: